LionDesk will export your contact and notes in separate files. Click here to learn how to export your contacts and notes.
Clean your Notes File
LionDesk will export your notes separately.
Both the contact file and notes file have the Contact ID. We will use the Contact ID column to merge both files. The first step is to clean your notes file.
1) In your notes file, You will delete all columns EXCEPT for:
- Contact ID
- Created At
2) Select column A (Contact ID) and sort from smallest to largest. Expand the selection.
3) In column E, type the header Merged Notes.
4) In the cell below Merged Notes, copy and paste the following formula, and press ENTER.
5) In the same cell, double click the bottom right corner. This will apply the formula to the rest of the column.
6) Right-click and Copy Column E. In the same column right-click and select Values in Paste Options
7) In column F, type the header Merge Check
8) In the cell below merge check, copy and paste this formula and click Enter
9) in the same cell, double click the bottom right corner to apply the formula to the rest of the column
10) Right-click and Copy Column F. In the same column right-click and select Value in Paste Options
11) Sort the Merge Check column. Sort from Z-A and select expand the selection.
Note: This will move all duplicate entries to the bottom of the list
12) Scroll to the bottom of the list. Delete any rows that have no entries in Merge Check.
13) Clean the file. Delete all the columns except for the following columns
- Contact ID
- Merge Notes
Transfer Notes to Contact File
Now we are going to transfer the notes into the Contact File
1) Open the Contact file and click on the following icon to create a new sheet (Sheet 1).
2) Copy all the remaining information in the Events File and paste all the information in the new sheet in your Contact File.
3) Click on Contact Sheet and create a new column for Notes
Note: You can create a new column anywhere in your file.
4) In the Notes column, add the following formula
Note: If the user has over 5,000 contacts, you will need to modify the formula.
5) In the same cell, double click the bottom right corner to apply the formula to the rest of the column
6) Right-click and copy the column. In the same column right-click and select Value in Paste Options
Note: If there are no notes for a contact, you will see N/A. It is okay to leave N/A in the file.
Done! You have merged your contact list and notes.